Hi and welcome to Dreaming Big Rocks (aka Dreaming Big Academy)
Online Workshops with Jenny Lens, mfa
- Create Storytelling Images and Visual Branding on a Budget
- Art and Tech Insights for Creatives, Healers and All Solo/ Entrepreneurs
- Hobbyist to pro: Something for Everyone
- Online Access: Any Time, Anywhere
- I created inspiring, energetic, bold, imaginative, Online marketable, fun projects and training in everyday language just for you
- Get inside the head and heart, see through the eyes of an acclaimed, published, trained, exhibited artist and photographer, to discover YOUR endless creativity, whether newbie or experienced
- Supportive, encouraging, down to earth, step by step real world projects you can post and use immediately
- Nothing makes you feel better than seeing what YOU can create, but didn’t know how to begin or if experienced, take it further
- I share my secrets so you can manifest your wildest dreams if you are Dreaming Big cos Dreaming Big Rocks!
What Do You Dream?
“Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!” ~ Mark Heck
Now Your Dreams Can Come True!
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
Dreaming Big Rocks Offers Several Online Individual Workshops and Bundles
Questions? Drop me a detailed note what are your dreams and goals.
We can email or talk on phone to design your perfect plan of action.
No obligation nor cost for short consultation about the Workshops.
“Watch. Create. Shine.” Visual Branding Essentials Online Series
- Create compelling, engaging storytelling, branding visual images.
- Social media, web presence, ecommerce, mindset and more.
- Gain essential, creative and digital skills.
- Inspiring real world tips, tricks, tips and insights.
- Watch, Create. Shine!
Photography for Branded Storytelling Images
- Create engaging, storytelling, evocative images.
- Gain confidence using Automatic vs Manual settings.
- Create Memorable Magical Images!
- Learn sensible and fun ways of using available light and cheap table lights.
- Learn how to see and use beauty, ideas and unique content everywhere to create images to express your dreams.
Lightroom Productivity and Creative Tools
- Lightroom can revolutionize how you organize, sort, find your files.
- Essential for photos and clip art.
- Edit, rename, resize, watermark, prep for print or online.
- Use presets or filters to turn your images from now to WOW!
- Saves you time and money.
Create Marketable, Branded Images using Photoshop
- Create branded visuals for work, art and life.
- Add textures, text, make collages, social media, marketing, products, graphics, fine art and more.
- Brushes, patterns, gradients, actions to save time. Color correct photos.
- THE art and graphics program made easy and fun with my detailed, varied, creative, marketable projects.
Visual Branding Design
- Be inspired with an acclaimed working artist, trained and educated in graphics, fine arts, photography and marketing.
- Develop YOUR style, brand and marketing identity.
- Tips on design, color, type and other creative principles and guidelines.
- Develop confidence and have joyful fun.
Web Design Basics for Marketing
- For creatives, healers and non-techies and techies.
- We examine real sites using various major popular apps.
- Not how to create, but how to determine what apps are best for your dreams.
- Focus on design, organizing content and branding.
- Joyfully create or outsource more effectively and confidently.
Wild World of eCommerce
- Selling online pros and cons.
- Shopify, WooCommerce with WordPress, POD (Print on Demand), free, self-hosting, paid.
- Demo, creation and usage of Product List to save time.
- Legal related to art, editorial, and commercial merch.
Myths and Mindsets of Digital Tools and Tech
- Mindset, Myths, Tech and Money: Conquering common online obstacles.
- Design and Tech Tips for online success strategies.
- Demystifying myths about blogs, sites and online success.
Coaching Online or Phone: Personalized Insights and Ideas - Strategic Alchemy
- I offer guidance, clarity and support, covering creative, technical, personal and professional issues.
- I’ve advised many for years, often told my input more valuable than school counselors and other pros.
- Save time and money with “Getting to Know You” private, personal sheet.
- Choose 30, 60 or 90 minute sessions.
Bonus Fine Art Stock Photos
Additional Online Workshops
“Take Photos. Get Famous.“
- Learn closely guarded secrets you won’t find only from me!
- How to get your camera into venues, with access to the VIPS, where the action is.
- Vital info about camera settings, lenses, lighting, composition and more.
- Insider tips to elevate your experience and images.
- Taking entertainment photos can be fun or hard, frustrating work.
- Make it fun using MY proven tips.
Business Survival Kit for Creatives
- This overview covers press, biz, money and legal issues.
- Answers THE questions I’m asked the most versus wild misleading info on too many sites.
- Knowing and understanding this can determine your success and happiness (or failure and misery).
- Protect your work, whether professional or fun hobbies.
- Protect yourself! It’s a wild world out there!
Bundled Take Photos. Get Famous. with Business Survival Kit for Creatives
Save money and benefit from both, which complement and complete each other.
What Camera? What Lens? What Dial?
- Watch and learn so you use the correct gear and settings for your desired outcome.
- Get secret top tips how stunning photos of jewelry, flowers, food and objects are created.
- Less detailed about composition than Photography for Branded Storytelling Images.
- WISH I KNEW this before I spent thousands on wrong gear.
- Gain clarity and have fun!
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye,” from LA’s Roxy Theater. I’m the most published early punk rock photographer, west coast, first gen. My work in major museums, exhibits, docs, books, mags, merch and private collections.
You can learn so much from me! I’ve learned from so many mistakes. I tell the truth vs marketing hype.
My punk photos, art, education and teaching experience integrates entertainment, publishing, business, art worlds, tech, teaching, and the public.
I share real world, practical, actionable inspiration, ideas and solutions to enrich YOUR life and YOUR dreams!
- Watch as I share why and how YOU benefit when skillfully creating using art and design ideas and inspiration
- Follow along or fly off on your own with actionable steps, concepts, tips and tricks seeing real-world, marketable projects being created
Shine when you confidently and joyfully combine digital skills and your art and design inspired creativity
- Attract and Grow Tribe
Create compelling, engaging storytelling, branding visual images. Plus mindset, web presence, ecommerce and more to resonate with others.
- Gain Essential, Creative and Digital Skills
Inspiring, Energetic, Bold, Imaginative and Fun real-world, marketable projects, tips, tricks and insights
- For Every Visionary
For all Solopreneurs or Entrepreneurs (everyone, not only visual artists)
Praise for Jenny Lens as a Teacher
“We were in business 12 years and no large company ever found us. Our previous ecommerce site was a mess, badly designed and hard to find info. She organized info, provided search engine strategies, a total facelift and trained me to use it.
Always a pleasure working with Jenny. Brightest, most energetic person I know. Fun too. She’s thorough, but results worth it!” ~Mark Martinez, graphic artist and designer
“I think it is great that you are going the online teaching and coaching route. Your talents and skills will helpful to many!” ~ Jennifer Posner Lehner, The Front Row
“Jenny’s photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insight from one of the real talents. From her amazing shots of punks greats, to real world aptitude, I felt honored to catch some insider tips to apply to my day to day photos and try to go further than I thought before.” ~ Mark Heck
Praise for Jenny Lens as a REAL Rock Star Photographer
Sign up for Erratic Newsletters for Webinars, Specials, Tips, Info and Freebies
Please Spread the Good News! Thank You!
Meet Jenny Lens, MFA
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
How much do YOU want to manifest your dreams? Do you see it, feel it, believe in your dreams and abilities?
If you want to grow, are curious, open-minded, willing to explore and experiment, you are in the right place!
IF I can do it, YOU can do it. With my guidance.
Only when you are Dreaming Big, cos Dreaming Big Rocks!
- I’m the most published early west coast punk rock photographer.
- First gen, when Punk was Fun!
- Photos in Metropolitan Museum of Art, Smithsonian, Grammy Museum, Rock Hall of Fame, tons of books, mags, docs.
- I sell and license prints and merch online to an international market.
- LOTS of insider tips! From photos to images for blogs, sites, choosing which platform for your blog, ecommerce and more.
- I cover the waterfront. Just for you.
- Education: BA in Art, CSUN, Master of Fine Arts in Design, CalArts and Professional Certificate in Computer Graphics, UCLA.
- I taught at major colleges such as Santa Monica College, universities (UCLA and more), tech/vocational schools and elsewhere.
- I spoke at and reported for computer press on ALL the world’s TOP computer and digital graphics conferences (MacWorld, SIGGRAPH, World Animation Festival and more).
- Want more? I rarely update my resume, where photos used, articles published. See Punk Pioneers.
- I live for art and teaching. Reading, studying, making and teaching anything related to art, design and tech. And Life Lessons. To help others.
- Questions? Write me. Please be detailed and specific, so I can best respond.
Some Credit Where Credit is Due
Apologies for Errors and Omissions, but ran out of image space
DreamingBig.Rocks with Jenny Lens, mfa
ALL Photos by (c) Jenny Lens, mfa (except photos of cameras and lenses)
100% designed and created by me, Jenny Lens. No assistants, no VA (virtual assistants), no copywriters (I only wish I could write better. I write and re-write, and everyone tells me to do write else but not what to write), no designers. The blame and credit is all mine. IF I can do this anyone can! (My teaching is great and that’s what really counts!)
- Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- WordPress with WooCommerce, Shopify, Shootproof
- Scrivener and LibreOffice
- QuickTime and Handbrake
- Carbon Copy Cloner for backups
- AppSumo for coolest apps, Sumo, SendFox and many other utilities and apps
- Thinkific (teaching platform and their great staff, esp Rob, and best webinars)
- Clip Art sources: DesignCuts (the BEST!) and CreativeMarket
- Denise Love, Lisa Glanz and other talented artists who create and license such lovely, inspiring art
- And about seventeen dozen other software programs and apps since 1988
- (mentioned but not personally use: Canva, Stencil, Wave, Squarespace, Wix and more used by many)
- Thanks to those who believe in me and help me in so many ways (but not technically)
- Renoir, Degas, Monet, Odilon Redon, Charles Rennie Macintosh, Pierre Bonnard, Matisse, Evelyn De Morgan and …
- Photographers, directors and stars who inspired me long ago and far away, yet always close to my heart: Garbo, Von Sternberg and Dietrich, Hans Drier, Orson Welles, Billy Bitzer, Gregg Toland, James Wong Howe (coincidentally, his “Sweet Smell of Success” part of Criterion Channel’s showcase films), Weeegee, George Hurrell, Jack Cardiff, Michael Powell (Powell and Cardiff’s film, Oscar winning for cinematography, “Black Narcissus,” one of the greatest films and usually on Criterion Channel), special thanks to Kevin Brownlow and all the wonderful unknown or forgotten or not included artists who inspire so many every day
- Thank you, Reena, at Kathmandu Boutique, Santa Monica, Ca
- Big thanks to the Clash, X, Screamers and Ramones (esp Linda Ramone): We accept you, one of us! Gabba Gabba Hey!