- I was awarded a State of California Standard Designated Teaching Credential and Adult Education Certification for Life.
- Plus various college degrees (BA in Art, CSUN, MFA in Design, CalArts) and additional certifications (Computer Graphics Professional, UCLA).
- MOUS Microsoft Office User Specialist Certificate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
I know, use and teach what people need to know to be marketable in the online world and in real life. I live to learn and teach and use. Constantly researching and participating in teaching and learning groups online. Tech changes so much and so quickly.
I taught at major universities, colleges, vocational and training centers. Plus real world office experience. I have been self-employed and relying only on my ability to learn and use state-of-the art, professional software to maintain my professional growth.
I am contacted for my photos, to license or buy, due to my high level knowledge and skills in marketing, web design, design, photography and more.
I’ve been called one of the ten MOST influential rock photographers. I am the most published photographer, in all the world, of my genre and era in all the West Coast. My Punk Pioneers wild site showcases some of the publications, museums (Smithsonian and Metropolitan Museum of Art, MOCA in LA, Grammy Museum, Rock Hall of Fame and more), plus videos, slideshows, photos and stories. Fans love my sites!
I now only teach those programs I use on a nearly daily basis. THESE are the programs solo/entrepreneurs need to know, and know well, if they want to succeed online. Whether teaching or selling, informing or entertaining, these are essential. Plus many smaller pieces of software designed for more limited, but necessary usage (not all listed).
- Adobe: Photoshop, Lightroom and Spark.
- WordPress is THE number one online platform for web design. I’ve been designing complex blogs, sites and ecommerce stores since the technology began.
- Camtasia for video creation and editing.
- Scrivener for writing and organizing huge amounts of files.
- LibreOffice or MS Office: Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Presentation (I am a Certified by MS as a MOUS or Microsoft Office User Specialist).
- Dragon Dictate, GarageBand for Podcasts and recording my voice for classes, Zoom for online conferences, eCamm for webinars, and various other programs.
I taught a wide-range of computer programs and design courses at at universities, colleges, computer training centers, vocational centers and one-on-one. Most of these programs have been replaced by better programs. This list include ONLY to showcase my versatility.
- PC and Macintosh Platforms: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Desktop Publishing, Web Design, Illustrator, Corel Draw, FileMaker, Painter, PageMaker, Quark Xpress, and Scanning Principles. Plus Internet Fundamentals (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL) and Email.
- MOUS Certified: Microsoft Office User Specialist: Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Word Perfect (a few PC only).
Certificate or Diploma Earned:
MOUS Microsoft Office User Specialist Certificate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
State of California Standard Designated Teaching Credential
Adult Education Certification for Life
Master of Fine Arts in Design
Awarded Scholarship. My MFA Project shown on the news.
California Institute of the Arts
Bachelor of Art, Fine Arts
Cum Laude, Dean’s List
Computer Graphics Certificate
Computer Graphics, Electronics, Data Processing, Programming
No degree, but on Dean’s List for all attended semesters.
ABA Certified Paralegal
(American Bar Association)
Legal Secretaries Certificate
Teaching Experience, Colleges, Universities, and Computer Training Centers:
Adobe Illustrator and FreeHand
Santa Monica College Academy of Entertainment and Technology
Jewish Vocational Services (JVS)
**Created Certificate Courses and Exam for MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Art Institute of Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Ca
Full-time Instructor. Photoshop, Introduction to Windows, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Introduction to the Internet and eMail.
Brooks College, Long Beach, Ca
Part-time adjunct faculty, Photoshop, Desktop Publishing (Quark Xpress)
Photoshop, Desktop Publishing, Introduction to Windows 95/98, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Internet Fundamentals.
LACOE (LA County Office of Education)
Part-time adjunct faculty, Photoshop
LAMG (Los Angeles Macintosh Group)
Introduction to the Macintosh, Introduction to Windows, Power Point, Photoshop, Illustrator, Claris Works, KidPix.
Learning Tree, Chatsworth, Ca
Part-time adjunct faculty, Computer Animation Department. Photoshop, Page Layout, Computer Graphic Design.
Los Angeles Unified School District
Introduction to the Macintosh, Adobe Illustrator, KPT Filters, Photoshop, PageMaker, Painter, QuarkXpress, Web Design, and Electronic Design (illustration, pre-press and multimedia).
Mt Sierra College, Monrovia Ca
Digital Art, Photoshop and Painter, Desktop Publishing and Computer Graphic Design.
NATE (New Animation Technology Conference & Exposition in conjunction with the World Animation Conference)
Taught Photoshop Tips and Tricks for Animators.
New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Culver City, Ca
Part-time adjunct faculty, Photoshop.
Tech Ed Services, Downey, Ca
Office 97/2000 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point), Word Perfect, Windows 95/98/NT, Act, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Photoshop, PageMaker, and Quark Xpress.
Work History (highlights)
I am the most published photographer of my genre and era in all the West Coast. See Punk Pioneers for more.
Jenny Lens Designs
- Consultant, Trainer and Designer of multimedia, digital video, web site design, catalog/magazine covers, flyers, ads, resumés, logos, and brochures.
- Responsibilities involved running a small business office: scheduling, correspondence, cold calls, follow-up, filing, research, proposals, presentations, interfacing with public, printers, and other businesses.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, installing and trouble-shooting hardware and software.
Duganne Ateliers, Santa Monica, Ca
- Created Giclee prints on the Iris, high-end digital printer.
- Initiated and created complex database to track client’s work and use as work order.
- Assisted clients, answered phones, tracked supplies and set up appointments.
Virgin Sound and Vision, Los Angeles, Ca
- E3 Trade Show Coordinator. Responsible for coordinating all facets of participation at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo).
- Everything from scheduling, appointments, correspondence, invitations, furniture and booth structure, flowers, food, staffing, product, all arrangements.
Genoa Technology, Moorpark, Ca
Consultant. Created documents using various software and troubleshooting/testing printers on Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Dubl-Click, Woodland Hills, Ca
Marketing and Technical Support. Help desk and telephone support for a Macintosh software developer.
South Coast Financial Enterprises, Chatsworth, Ca
- Marketing and Advertising staff.
- Created various media (forms, ads, manuals, and flyers) for loan, mortgage and appraisal corporation.
- Interfaced with local news media by placing ads and announcements.
Contel Federal Systems, Thousand Oaks, Ca
Project Coordinator, Held Secret Security clearance.
- Interacted with project managers, engineers, programmers, quality assurance, word processors, graphic artists, reprographics, and shipping.
- Worked on proposals, presentations, scheduling, created reports, and participated in high-level meetings. Coordinated production of manuals for IWS (Intelligent Workstations) designed for the armed forces by Contel Federal Systems.
- Volunteered by creating media and signing donors for company blood drive, United Way, and created newsletters.
Kennel Review Magazine, Hollywood, Ca
Layout artist and designer (pre-computer)