Create Marketable, Branded Images using Photoshop
Create Marketable, Branded Images using Photoshop
Photoshop is THE premier photo, clip art, illustration creator and editor (plus more). I began using version 1, in 1990. It’s an art store and photo lab in one app.
Yes, there’s easier, faster apps like Canva, Stencil and more. Those are great cloud based programs, for efficient, simple, fast graphics.
IF you want to create truly unique, branded images, whether using clip art, photos, combination of both, you’ll have far more options and features using Photoshop.
Take a look to see if this turns you on as much as it does hundreds of thousands of other creatives.
IF you decide you don’t want to use Photoshop, you WILL gain vital info you can use in other programs.
Create Marketable, Branded Images in Photoshop (6 hours)
39 hours, but learned less, due to covering required but irrelevant info.
Now let’s look at real world projects for your needs.
Photoshop 1: Introduction and Tools (39 minutes)
- You only need a few tools, menu items and windows to create all the images you see on my sites.
- Essential to prepare professionally printed photos, plus online, documentaries, books, magazines and merch.
- Get a Quick Start Guided Tour, starting with selection tool, brushes, eraser and a few other tools you will use the most often.
Photoshop 3: Color, Hue and Saturation (17 minutes)
- Photoshop Color Tools are powerful.
- Color Picker looks confusing, but very easy to use.
- How to confidently and joyfully use and play with colors for better results.
- Online color tools are limited when working with your images and/or clip art.
- Hue/Saturation: what does that mean? You’ll see!
- Wanna know how artists use color?
- Let this trained artist share tips just for you.
Photoshop 4: Actions, Brushes and Saving (19 minutes)
- Learn how to create one button shortcuts to save time and energy.
- Saving, exporting, rotating and more tasks can be automated.
- Overview of brushes beyond typical paintbrushes.
- Plus saving as JPG vs PNG, pros and cons of each.
- Using correct file formats matters.
- Most people are incorrectly using PNGs.
- JPGs are more efficient and smaller.
- Listen, watch, see it for yourself.
Photoshop 5: Levels and Creative Color Manipulation (38 minutes)
- See images to understand creative color better
- Color, including grayscale images, relies on understanding Values.
- All images have underlying white/highlights, midtones, and black/shadows aka values.
- See how easily you can improve or change images using Levels.
- Understanding Values and using Levels helps your images stand out.
Photoshop 6: Saturation, Hues and Selections (28 minutes)
- More Hue/Saturation (color adjustments) for creative work.
- Plus introduction to making Selections (to change just part of your image).
Photoshop 7: Tees, Collages, Rulers, Text (20 minutes)
- Creating collages for social media, promos, products, blogs/sites is a fun and essential skill.
- Includes using Ruler.
- Resizing and Rotation
- Transforming an. image.
- Plus using text.
Photoshop 8: Print Prep (29 minutes)
- Watch as I take a brownish, huge scan of my beloved “Screamers on the Bus Bench” photo and prep it for collectors, museums, galleries and publishing (books, mags, docs, etc).
- Using Levels, Transform/Resizing, using Rulers
- You’ll see same tools and menu items used repeatedly, which helps you learn.
- You don’t have to learn everything in Photoshop.
Photoshop 9: Textures, Layering, Clip Art and Brushes (16 minutes)
- Quickly add textures, combine photos and/or clip art
- Use Image Brushes
- Use Photoshop’s Layers and Blending Modes.
- Techniques from previous lessons enable you to quickly turn photos and clip art into memorable art.
- Helps develop YOUR style and branding identity. Fun and fast!
- I first edited my photo of Wisteria in Lightroom.
- So glad I photographed it, because they soon ripped it out.
- Great to photograph, if you don’t mind getting really close to bees buzzing next to your ears!
Photoshop 10: Composite, Clip Art, Type and Layer Effects (15 minutes)
- Explore Layer FX, drop shadows, bevels, embossing and more.
- Combine two pieces of licensed clip art to quickly create a memorable image.
Photoshop 11: Type, Textures, Retouching and Layers (15 minutes)
- Combine photos, textures, and text using layers
- Use retouching tools
- Create memorable social media, marketing, promo or graphic or fine art.
Photoshop 12: Layers, Text, Images, Textures and Color (23 minutes)
- Create readable text images.
- Explore various color options.
- No excuses for images with messy, unreadable text.
- Instead, make a powerful, memorable impact with color, textures and text.
Photoshop 13-Saturate, Dodge, Burn, Retouch and Products (31 minutes)
- Fine tune your photography or other images.
- This lesson focuses on products.
- Use Saturation tool, not the menu as earlier.
- Dodge (lighten) and Burn (darken) areas in Highlights, Midtones and Shadow areas.
- Learn to quickly Pump Up colors to make your products or images look rich and enticing.
Photoshop 14-Vintage-Images-Frames (18 minutes)
- Easily take color image and turn it into a sepia-toned vintage looking image. Add vintage frame and resize it.
- I created a technique to resize the frame which involves a bit of easy retouching and other techniques introduced earlier.
- Often frames don’t work with an image. The shapes or proportions are off.
- Easily turn something new into something old using tools and menu items learned in earlier lessons.
Photoshop 15: Watermarks: Why and How (28 minutes)
The MOST important class of all!
Learn WHY and how to watermark your images.
- Many images are stolen.
- You could lose money or gigs.
- The image possibly falling into public domain (lose ownership of your own work).
- I’ve never lost a sale because I watermark my photos!
- Those who complain are not interested in paying you nor respecting YOUR legal rights.
Hi Jenny!!! I love the course!!! I’m half way thru….so good. So thorough and comprehensive.
Btw, you have a wonderful speaking/teaching voice. I would have loved having you as a teacher in college!
Learning so many tips and being so inspired with Discussion of Tarot Resources!! (How to Create Tarot or Oracle Cards using Clip Art and Photos) ~ Tricia Minette, paralegal (and Rolf).
You will learn a lot about color! Adding and modifying color, adding textures, type and more.This Create Marketable, Branded Images using Photoshop course and Create Tarot or Oracle Cards Using Clip Art and Photos course are packed with fun, step-by-step tutorials. Not just how, but WHY this tool or that or why this work flow or that.
Each course has a lot of unique info because there’s so much you can create using Photoshop!
THIS course goes more deeply into Photoshop. The Tarot or Oracle card making course dives into storytelling and not as deeply into Photoshop. They are complimentary, and work together well.
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!I actually sprayed that last flower with a spray bottle to get more interesting image like you did in one of the lessons in “Photography for Branded Storytelling Images.” ~ Mark Heck, massage therapist
Free Coloring Book Pages – Special Limited Time Offer
Get some of my most beloved, iconic Punk Photos and fun floral images to color.
Plus get my Gotta-have Best Digital Tools List. Only when you Sign up for my erratic emails and newsletters.
You’ll get 5 of the 8 images below. Want all 8 and see how to color them? Take the Tarot or Oracle Cardmaking course.
Plus more bonus images and info in the “Watch. Create. Shine” Workshop Courses or Special Bundles.
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
Jenny Lens, Punk Pioneer, when Punk Was Fun
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazine
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976.
Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.
Iggy Pop told me my photos were as good as his photographer. He asked me where I’d been. I said, “Earning art degrees.” He smiled and nodded. I learned from artists. Now you can learn from me! Start now and join the fun @ “Take Photos. Get Famous.“
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
“Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”
- Every lesson in each online workshop is listed and accessed separately, even for bundles
- Lifetime access for each online workshop
- Watch whatever you want, whenever you want
- Lessons last as long as you want or need to complete a particular project or goal
- No tests, no grades, no pressure
- No refunds
- See and learn how and why a REAL artist uses REAL tools and techniques to create compelling, memorable images which convey stories, add content and context to whatever story is being told
- I share mistakes, gotchas, and work-arounds
- You don’t have to be perfect to create art
- But knowing some art and marketing basics really make a difference!
- Feel good, have fun and go with the flow.
- Focused time
- Take notes digitally or pen, pencil, crayon and paper
- Need Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- Chrome using tablet, laptop and computer monitor are best viewing experiences
- Designed on and for larger monitors
- You can use Android and IOS, but not optimum choice due to small screen size
- My courses rely on heavy use of visuals
- This is about seeing and understanding how and why visuals make huge differences in our lives, creations, work and communities
- ALL text and images are the property of attributed copyright holder(s).
- DO NOT copy text or images or vids and use elsewhere.
- Do not sell, give away, share or in any way distribute any of this content without expressed written permission from Jenny Lens, MFA.
- Exceptions: public domain or credited to another source.
- Linking and short quotes WITH credit and link back here is required and appreciated.
- Thank you! Now go have fun!