Create Tarot or Oracle Cards Using Clip Art, Photos and Apps
I wish I could convey the transformative, thrilling and peaceful experiences I felt while creating these cards and course! I felt like every cell in my body was alive, singing and dancing in harmony. I researched a wide variety of images and styles (to inspire you), symbols, stories, myths, yoga and Tarot. I grew and learned so much! Felt so good!
I want YOU to feel that joyous excitement. The thrill of creating something out of nothing. With my expert, patient, humorous guidance.
Hi Jenny!!! I love the course!!! I’m half way thru….so good. So thorough and comprehensive.
Btw, you have a wonderful speaking/teaching voice. I would have loved having you as a teacher in college!
Learning so many tips and being so inspired with Discussion of Tarot Resources!! [How to Create Tarot or Oracle Cards Using Clip Art, Photos and Apps] ~ Tricia Minette, paralegal (and Rolf).
Amazing freebies ONLY if you ACT NOW!
Watch a FREE Intro Overview, with tons of great tips
- I created 40 free, unique, curated textures for your use. (Most sell texture packages for $30-$50)
- Plus 25 of my Fine Art Stock Photos. (Most sell a photo for at least $5-$10 each)
- Plus 13 of my classic, famous Punk Rock photos. (Sadly, you cannot sell these because you need a model release from the performers.)
- Ideal for scrapbooking, social media, products, journaling, fine art, graphics, coloring books, greeting cards, affirmations and so much more.
- Easy to understand step-by-steps to illuminate your path.
- Enjoyable, Fun and Meaningful to focus on Tarot, Oracle, various symbols, stories, fairy and folk tales, myths or whatever makes your heart sing
Free with early-bird registrations! Then gone.
After clicking Buy button, you will see these screens:
- Create a new account. Be sure your email and all info is correct.
- Click Sign Up, then Complete Your Purchase
- You don’t need a PayPal account.
You can pay with a Visa or MasterCard.
- You will get an email with Login info.
- After logging in, you will see one or more classes listed.
Choose the class you want to see.
- Class lessons and downloads are on left side.
Videos and text are on right side.
NOT a Tarot class nor reading. No knowledge of Tarot needed. I learned so much about the Tarot, yoga and other cards I created. Many used in course tutorials. Your experiences will vary. Start with Any story, song lyrics, fairy tale, myths, affirmations, dreams, yoga asanas (poses), feelings … whatever story you want to express visually. Can be a thrilling, peaceful, joyous sweet adventure!
Designed for Newbies to Experienced with an Open Heart and Mind
Welcome! I’m so excited to share this with you.
I wrote all this BEFORE #WFH aka #WorkFromHome and #SocialDistancing. Now it’s more relevant and vital.
How would you feel if you could:
- Express yourself creatively with visual storytelling, using archetypes from the Tarot, oracle, affirmations, fairy tales, myths, your fave stories, personal tales, song lyrics or any story
- Deal with emotions and personal issues using digital creative tools (digital art is my therapy).
- Create without prior art skills or training
- Learn inspiring tips on color and design
- Learn how to find useful, legal sources of free and inexpensive clip art and photos
- Watch through the eyes of an acclaimed artist, with a BA in Art and Master of Fine Arts in Design degrees
- Use time saving secrets from one of the TEN MOST influential rock photographers of all time!
Let’s shine some light your way! Tons of freebies ONLY if you ACT NOW!
Example images in correct Tarot order. Except my three infamous early punk photos at the end. Their stories work best together. These musicians were vital to the earliest LA Punk scene and elsewhere. All changed our culture. All gone from this earthly presence. You can find inspiration from a variety of sources.
Discover the fun and joy of visual storytelling through images and symbols which are meaningful to you. Art is about expressing your thoughts, feelings, dreams, desires and experiences.
Tarot is about life’s adventures and journeys. We all start out the innocent, naive baby or “babe in the woods.” We go “into the woods” to experience our life’s adventures.
Delving into Tarot (or other stories) — characters, symbols, colors and interpretations — can lead us to better understanding ourselves and our world.
Creating Tarot and Oracle cards can be meditative, healing and empowering. Fun too!
How to Create Tarot or Oracle Cards Using Clip Art, Photos and Apps
First three sessions discuss the three page PDF. I don’t believe in giving a table of links and that’s it. I walk you through everything.
- Tarot PDF1 – Discussion of Clip Art and Stock Photos, 37 minutes
- Tarot PDF2- Discussion of Creative Commons and Museums, 65 minutes
- Tarot PDF3- Discussion Intro to Tarot Resources, 61 minutes
- Tarot 1- Introduction to Photoshop and Lightroom, 52 minutes
- Photoshop Color Picker – Color Wheel – Hue Saturation, 17 minutes
- Tarot 2- Coloring Book Pages: Adding Colors, Gradients and Intro to Textures, 72 minutes
- Tarot 3- Selections, Textures, Hue and Saturation, 52 minutes
- Tarot 4- Simple Tarot Layouts and Layer Effects (fx), 98 minutes
- Tarot 5 – Painting and Advanced Storytelling, 98 minutes
“Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!”
I actually sprayed that last flower with a spray bottle to get more interesting image like you did in one of the lessons in Photography for Branded Storytelling Images. ~ Mark Heck, massage therapist
What you will Watch, then Create, and Shine:
- Explore how images, textures and colors convey meaning, emotions and tell your stories
- You’ll see art from various eras and artists to expand your visual possibilities
- Play with and combine various images for engaging, compelling art.
- Learn valuable digital skills and concepts to use for social, fine art, graphics and more!
Start with Your Story:
- What resonates with you?
- What makes your heart sing?
- What stories do you want to tell?
- What Tarot or Oracle cards, or fairy, folk, wonder tales, mythology, any stories help YOU express your feelings, your story?
Use Your Art, Photos, Licensed Clip Art and Free Stock Photos:
- Where and how to obtain and use legally licensed clip art and stock photos
- Using legal images means you can sell and give away your work
- Use your own photos and art with commercial images
- See examples of images never to use due to legal issues (don’t get sued!)
Art and Art History:
- You’ll explore combining modern imagery with vintage images
- Black and white line drawings from 19th century with modern watercolor and texture backgrounds
- Mid-century (1950s) or 1980s clip art for fun cards
- Metaphysical, spiritual, pagan images and photos
- Combine photos with line art
- Line art and textures
- Plus be inspired by existing cards: tarot, oracle, and traditional greeting cards
- Scrolling through endless grids of images is not efficient for creating art!
- You’ll see how to create and name folders and images
- See how my organization helps you focus on creating, not searching for files
- Watch and be inspired!
Modify Existing Images:
- You’ll learn how to erase and add elements to line art
- Resize, flip, rotate images
- See how to add or change colors to whole image or specific areas
- Learn basic color theory (especially as it relates to Tarot, feelings, and telling your stories)
- Basic discussion of how typography makes a difference in visual storytelling
- Tips how to choose best font for your story and image
- Easily create complex images using simple layers
- See the advantages of using layers, missing in other programs, which limit your options
- See how to legally get and use various paintbrushes
- Use various paintbrushes to give different effects (watercolor vs oil, for example)
- Change size and opacity easily
Researching,* designing and creating two dozen cards was/is an amazing experience! I create digital (and traditional) art ALL the time. But nothing like this.
I want YOU to know this feeling: being so engrossed the world falls away.
Learning and creating can help you forget about real world issues, worries and woes.
*I researched because I’m not a Tarot pro. Plus I created Yoga cards. Cards with quotes. I just wanted to tell my story effectively, so the more I learned, the easier and more fulfilling my journey.
You don’t have to worry about “getting it right.”
No grades. No judgment.
Follow your heart. I just love learning. No obligations on your part!
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976.
Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.
Iggy Pop told me my photos were as good as his photographer. He asked me where I’d been. I said, “Earning art degrees.” He smiled and nodded. I learned from artists. Now you can learn from me! Start now and join the fun @ “Take Photos. Get Famous.” Get ready for when live shows resume.
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone.” ~ Mark Heck
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazin
Jenny Lens, Punk Pioneer, when Punk Was Fun
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
- Complete listing of all “Watch. Create Shine.” individual and bundle Online Workshops.
- Coaching: Online or Phone. I’ve been advising people for years on a wide variety of topics. Personal, custom Coaching works wonders!
- Write me with your Questions or Suggestions. I will gladly tell you if I think anything I offer will help you. Please be detailed for best response. Thanks.
- Newsletter Signup Sometimes I email special offers, free webinars and more.
- Bio (scattered around as well)
- See FAQs menu for Privacy, Terms of Service, Green Certification, Testimonials about my Teaching, Coaching, photography, web design and more info complied in FAQs menu section.
- Finally, ALL info is copyrighted and the intellectual property of Jenny Lens, MFA, unless otherwise noted. NO part can be claimed as your own, given away or resold. You may quote, but only with link back to DreamingBig.Rocks and Jenny Lens, mfa. Respecting and crediting the work of others and protecting your own work is vital.