About Jenny Lens, MFA: Visual Storytelling Alchemist for Branding, Marketing, and Art. Earth mother hippie punk. (This needs to be edited, but hey, I could do this or create more online Workshops. So I’m focusing on that, cos it’s far more beneficial to you.)
Why are people turning to ME for my creative, marketing and technical expertise?
I’m the most internationally published and exhibited first gen punk rock photographer, West Coast, 1976-80. PunkPioneers.com.
I use tech and solid art concepts and skills to keep my invaluable punk archive alive. Plus creating my growing library of Fine Art Stock Photos, which I’ll probably offer for sale.
I create everything you see totally 100% myself. Plus informally share with many.
Named the Girl with the Camera Eye, by punk godmother, Patti Smith.
Most published early punk rock photographer, first gen, west coast. Photos in major museums, docs, books, mags, and various collections. Real Rock Star!
My iconic early photos of the Ramones, Clash, Blondie, Patti Smith, Iggy, Devo, X, Germs, and so many more now-acclaimed bands is part of rock n roll history. I shot them during their first or early West Coast tours. Plus the Stones, Kiss, Led Zep, Bob Marley, Divine and Andy Warhol (unusual in LA). More: PunkPioneers.com.
My photos are part of American History (Smithsonian, our national museum), American Art History (Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC, our most prestigious major art museum, Grammy Museum, Rock Hall of Fame, and more.
My solo photo book “Punk Pioneers” became a sought-after acclaimed book. My stories enthralled my fans as much as my photos. However, I realized I acquired valuable knowledge while building my photo archive business. I decided to share my knowledge with others. I constantly build and refine an international team of experienced, skilled and talented colleagues.
My photos will be seen as long as people are into rock n roll! Or longer.
Many years creating stores, merch, dealing w/labs, galleries, customers and so much more. Seen/done it all with my classic punk photo archive, published & exhibited internationally.
Let’s create, heal and have fun! Dreaming Big Rocks! Whether working solo or in community, we all have something to share with one another. Lemme share my tips with you!
Cos that’s what life is about: Creating and Sharing. Thank you for being here.
- I was awarded a State of California Standard Designated Teaching Credential and Adult Education Certification for Life.
- Plus various college degrees (BA in Art, CSUN, MFA in Design, CalArts) and additional certifications (Computer Graphics Professional, UCLA).
- MOUS Microsoft Office User Specialist Certificate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
I know, use and teach what people need to know to be marketable in the online world and in real life. I live to learn and teach and use. Constantly researching and participating in teaching and learning groups online. Tech changes so much and so quickly.
I taught at major universities, colleges, vocational and training centers. Plus real world office experience. I have been self-employed and relying only on my ability to learn and use state-of-the art, professional software to maintain my professional growth. Plus taught at major computer and animation conferences.
I am contacted for my photos, to license or buy, due to my high level knowledge and skills in marketing, web design, design, photography and more.
I’ve been called one of the ten MOST influential rock photographers. I am the most published photographer, in all the world, of my genre and era in all the West Coast. My Punk Pioneers wild site showcases some of the publications, museums (Smithsonian and Metropolitan Museum of Art, MOCA in LA, Grammy Museum, Rock Hall of Fame and more), plus videos, slideshows, photos and stories. Fans love my sites!
Praise for Jenny Lens as Teacher and Photographer
“Jenny’s photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insight from one of the real talents. From her amazing shots of punks greats, to real world aptitude, I felt honored to catch some insider tips to apply to my day to day photos and try to go further than I thought before. ~ Mark Heck
“Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!” ~ Mark Heck
“I consider you a source of info, if not an expert, on so many topics: art, photography, fancy computer web/tech stuff I know nothing about.” ~ Andrea Stone-French
“You’re remarkable,” ~ Felicia Marie Tomasko, Editor of LA Yoga and Bliss magazines
Brief Summary of Some of my Teaching Experiences
Clients, Students and TeachingVast and Deep Teaching Experience
Taught thousands of students for many years
- Students paid FAR more money than I’m charging
- Unlike traditional schools, I teach actionable, real world projects
- Learn only what you need for your current needs, with online focus
- I dealt with people of all ages, interests, educational levels for years
- I learned so much about what people really need to know
- Teaching helped me become a better teacher too
Major computer conferences, universities, computer training centers, one-on-one, community centers, small businesses (all types of products and services), for profit, non-profit, retired, hobbyists.
Computer Training Centers, Computer Conferences, Universities and Colleges
Taught at Schools and Conferences
- Santa Monica College
- Art Institute of LA
- World Animation Festival
- LA Mac User’s Group (MacFair)
- and many other places, mostly departed (Brooks, Learning Tree University, New Horizons and many more)
Taught at Businesses
- Cedars Sinai Hospital
- LA County Employees
- Too many to remember
- Using latest versions of dozens of state-of-the art programs
- Ongoing upgrading skills
- MOUS (Microsoft Office User Specialist) Certified
- Certified by various computer training centers where I taught (now gone)
My Formal Education
- BA in Art, Cum Laude, CSUN, A average
- MFA (Master of Fine Arts), Design, CalArts, with scholarship, no grades
- Professional Certificate in Computer Graphics, UCLA, earned an A
- Legal Secretaries Certificate, UCLA, earned an A
- ABA Paralegal Certificate, UCLA (lapsed), earned an A
I know what it’s like to walk in darkness and confusion. I am about enlightenment. Lightening your load. So you can light up your life and others. I love seeing the light bulb go off, the a-ha moments.
If you know there’s a better life, and willing to explore, with an adventurer’s POV, then let’s start your journey. Treasures await you, around you and most of all, inside you. Keep dreaming big. Cos when you are dream big, you rock.
Said by a REAL Rockstar Photographer! My early punk rock photos are internationally recognized as great works of art. When punk was more than merely fashion. When punk was a Cultural Revolution. When punk was fun.
I now only teach those programs I use on a nearly daily basis. THESE are the programs solo/entrepreneurs need to know, and know well, if they want to succeed online. Whether teaching or selling, informing or entertaining, these are essential. Plus many smaller pieces of software designed for more limited, but necessary usage (not all listed).
- Adobe: Photoshop, Lightroom.
- WordPress is THE number one online platform for web design. I’ve been designing complex blogs, sites and ecommerce stores since the technology began.
- Camtasia for video creation and editing.
- Scrivener for writing and organizing huge amounts of files.
- LibreOffice or MS Office: Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Presentation (I am a Certified by MS as a MOUS or Microsoft Office User Specialist).
- Dragon Dictate, GarageBand for Podcasts and recording my voice for classes, Zoom for online conferences, eCamm for webinars, and various other programs.
I taught a wide-range of computer programs and design courses at at universities, colleges, computer training centers, vocational centers and one-on-one. Most of these programs have been replaced by better programs. This list include ONLY to showcase my versatility.
- PC and Macintosh Platforms: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Desktop Publishing, Web Design, Illustrator, Corel Draw, FileMaker, Painter, PageMaker, Quark Xpress, and Scanning Principles. Plus Internet Fundamentals (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and AOL) and Email.
- MOUS Certified: Microsoft Office User Specialist: Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Word Perfect (a few PC only).
Certificate or Diploma Earned:
MOUS Microsoft Office User Specialist Certificate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
State of California Standard Designated Teaching Credential
Adult Education Certification for Life
Master of Fine Arts in Design
Awarded Scholarship. My MFA Project shown on the news.
California Institute of the Arts
Bachelor of Art, Fine Arts
Cum Laude, Dean’s List
Computer Graphics Certificate
Computer Graphics, Electronics, Data Processing, Programming
No degree, but on Dean’s List for all attended semesters.
ABA Certified Paralegal
(American Bar Association)
Legal Secretaries Certificate
Teaching Experience, Colleges, Universities, and Computer Training Centers:
Adobe Illustrator and FreeHand
Santa Monica College Academy of Entertainment and Technology
Jewish Vocational Services (JVS)
**Created Certificate Courses and Exam for MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Art Institute of Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Ca
Full-time Instructor. Photoshop, Introduction to Windows, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Introduction to the Internet and eMail.
Brooks College, Long Beach, Ca
Part-time adjunct faculty, Photoshop, Desktop Publishing (Quark Xpress)
Photoshop, Desktop Publishing, Introduction to Windows 95/98, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Internet Fundamentals.
LACOE (LA County Office of Education)
Part-time adjunct faculty, Photoshop
LAMG (Los Angeles Macintosh Group)
Introduction to the Macintosh, Introduction to Windows, Power Point, Photoshop, Illustrator, Claris Works, KidPix.
Learning Tree, Chatsworth, Ca
Part-time adjunct faculty, Computer Animation Department. Photoshop, Page Layout, Computer Graphic Design.
Los Angeles Unified School District
Introduction to the Macintosh, Adobe Illustrator, KPT Filters, Photoshop, PageMaker, Painter, QuarkXpress, Web Design, and Electronic Design (illustration, pre-press and multimedia).
Mt Sierra College, Monrovia Ca
Digital Art, Photoshop and Painter, Desktop Publishing and Computer Graphic Design.
NATE (New Animation Technology Conference & Exposition in conjunction with the World Animation Conference)
Taught Photoshop Tips and Tricks for Animators.
New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Culver City, Ca
Part-time adjunct faculty, Photoshop.
Tech Ed Services, Downey, Ca
Office 97/2000 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point), Word Perfect, Windows 95/98/NT, Act, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Photoshop, PageMaker, and Quark Xpress.
Work History (highlights)
I am the most published photographer of my genre and era in all the West Coast. See Punk Pioneers for more.
Jenny Lens Designs
- Consultant, Trainer and Designer of multimedia, digital video, web site design, catalog/magazine covers, flyers, ads, resumés, logos, and brochures.
- Responsibilities involved running a small business office: scheduling, correspondence, cold calls, follow-up, filing, research, proposals, presentations, interfacing with public, printers, and other businesses.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, installing and trouble-shooting hardware and software.
Duganne Ateliers, Santa Monica, Ca
- Created Giclee prints on the Iris, high-end digital printer.
- Initiated and created complex database to track client’s work and use as work order.
- Assisted clients, answered phones, tracked supplies and set up appointments.
Virgin Sound and Vision, Los Angeles, Ca
- E3 Trade Show Coordinator. Responsible for coordinating all facets of participation at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo).
- Everything from scheduling, appointments, correspondence, invitations, furniture and booth structure, flowers, food, staffing, product, all arrangements.
Genoa Technology, Moorpark, Ca
Consultant. Created documents using various software and troubleshooting/testing printers on Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Dubl-Click, Woodland Hills, Ca
Marketing and Technical Support. Help desk and telephone support for a Macintosh software developer.
South Coast Financial Enterprises, Chatsworth, Ca
- Marketing and Advertising staff.
- Created various media (forms, ads, manuals, and flyers) for loan, mortgage and appraisal corporation.
- Interfaced with local news media by placing ads and announcements.
Contel Federal Systems, Thousand Oaks, Ca
Project Coordinator, Held Secret Security clearance.
- Interacted with project managers, engineers, programmers, quality assurance, word processors, graphic artists, reprographics, and shipping.
- Worked on proposals, presentations, scheduling, created reports, and participated in high-level meetings. Coordinated production of manuals for IWS (Intelligent Workstations) designed for the armed forces by Contel Federal Systems.
- Volunteered by creating media and signing donors for company blood drive, United Way, and created newsletters.
Kennel Review Magazine, Hollywood, Ca
Layout artist and designer (pre-computer)