I created an online forum and live gatherings (with replays ) for us to share information and stay in touch. If you want to learn, share, and promote yourself (no spamming, more info below), join us.
I posted some topics to discuss (open to your ideas). Plus rules that every group puts into place for a supportive, safe, welcoming space.
Respect others who have different life and work experiences. We can all learn and grow and shine individually and together.
What works for one does not work for all. So let’s share, treat each other as equals, and have some fun too!
Let’s be open to expanding and exploring our creativity, tech, marketing and making money ethically while benefiting others.
- What are you selling or want to sell or create or whatever?
- What do you want to share with us?
Let’s promote ourselves! Best way to network is let others know what we offer! Let’s always offer tips and make it personal. Don’t just talk about what you offer.
- Affinity products for planners, graphics, social media.
- Benefits and ease using Photoshop, Canva, PowerPoint and other programs to make graphics.
- Visual Databases to organize, find and use graphics and photos.
- Web platforms: pros/cons of WordPress, Builderall, Squarespace, Wix, whatever. Which web host? Which to avoid.
- Ecommerce: Shopify, WooCommerce, amember, or ?
- POD or Print on Demand.
- Member software: amember, MemberPress (with free BBpress, running this forum and private emails). Others use Builderall. What do you use or suggest?
- Creating courses: some topics can be broken into tiny bits of info and short courses. Others require more depth and time. What platform to use? amember, MemberPress, and I’ve used both Thinkific and Teachable and more. Want to explore that?
- Course and lesson structures and lengths? Pros and cons of handouts and supporting material.
- eBooks, PDFs, downloadables as lead generators or for sale: that’s a huge topic! Not just content, but design.
- My passion is modifying licensed clip art, coloring books, planners, etc to develop your unique style and branding. It’s easy, fun, meditative and helps one’s business.
- Plus design: color, typography, layout. Few have taken any graphic art courses. Good design should serve the content, whether for one’s website, ecommerce store, ebook, PDF, downloadables and more.
- Graphics software: Canva, Photoshop, Elements, and more.
- What device platform? Mac, PC, phones, using tablets, mice, or ? Which tablets?
- Some are looking to create teams or others to outsource or work together or …
- Resources: links to software, books, courses, whatever for sale and for free.
- No affiliate links. It can get too competitive and repetitive with affiliate links.
Vital that we create a safe, welcoming, warm, supportive environment.
If you have something to add, please write me. This will only work if it works for you!
Drop me a private message when you see violations. A few like to spam, promote themselves inappropriately, and give others a hard time, because they think rules don’t apply to them.
Be very specific in subject header if you want engagement. Asking for help or sharing info requires specificity.
- Affinity Publisher is not Affinity Designer which is not Affinity Photo.
- Adobe is not software. Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements, Acrobat (not Adobe PDF) will get you better results than using vague terms.
- Good habit because it helps in other situations, whether Googling, other groups, clients, tech support, etc.
Do not post about products unless you have personal knowledge. Share why you think it’s beneficial. In your own words. No marketing hype you found online or in someone’s email.
No “sliding into DMs.” Privately message if someone specifically asks for information. Do not try to sell them anything unless they ask.
Do not lead people on with the intention of selling or promoting things. Some of us are very savvy to that and it is not allowed.
Do not post about something and tell people to write you for details and then tell them it costs money. That will get you kicked out.
- Treat others with respect, even if you do not agree with them.
- Agree to disagree.
- Do not bully (tell others they must do something)
- Do not judge them (give them a hard time if they do not take your advice).
- Whether it’s choice of hardware or software, there are infinite possibilities and no one right way to do anything.
- The way you do something is not the only way.
No politics, no discussion of vaccinations, no conspiracies, no identity culture, no cancel culture and no apologies nor questioning any religious or spiritual beliefs. These topics only divide and inflame.
IF the above is acceptable to you, we would love for you to join us! Please apply below and I will add you. Might take a day or two.
If you have not heard within two days, please click to write: Forum. My email not always being delivered. Yes, I am working with my web host to fix. It’s always something, right? Thank you, stay well and keep on creating!