Think about this First:
- What story am I telling?
- What feelings do I want to evoke?
- What feeling or thoughts am I expressing?
- How do I want people to react?
- What do I want people to see? What is the most vital part of this image?
- Do I need space to add text?
- Should the main image be on the left, right or center?
- Am I capturing something existing (flowers in my hood, food at a party) or my own creation?
- Colors, textures, seasons, themes or mood? (additional info/inspiration in my Art and Design class)
Now Mechanics of Making Our Visions Real:
- Why Manual gives you artistic freedom and control.
- Difference between manual and automatic settings. Forget charts and numbers.
- We’ll look at real photos and their settings.
- You can SEE how settings affect images.
- You’ll become comfortable with Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO settings.
- Plus Depth of field aka DOF.
- Shooting close-up vs average distance or long distance: how does that affect your image? Which lenses best in each case? When to use a Macro lens?
- Raw aka DNG versus Jpg file formats.
- Plus, always framing with solid Composition principles.
- These and other inspiring thoughts.
Tabletop Photo Studio Ideas:
- Affordable lighting, including everyday lamps
- Tips and Tricks vs Pitfalls