Web Design Basics for Marketing
Your Website Represents Your Product, Service, Cause, Community and/or You
Do You have Site and/or Blog? Is This Working for You? Want to know the Benefits and Which App to Use for Your Dreams? If Yes, you are in the right place.
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, fees were more than 10 times higher! Still are!
- 85% or more judge your products, services, cause based on YOUR site
- Social media is limited and you don’t own it! Can disappear or become expensive!
- We examine various websites/blogs: what works, what does not work
- Make it easier and more pleasant for people to find and interact with you
- Discover the joy and benefits of an engaging, compelling web presence!
- It’s fun, easier and cheaper than you think
- You don’t have to be a techie
- How you present and organize info is as important as which software you use
- Become more confident designing content and visuals, whether DIY or outsource
- Success or Failure Often Starts and/or Ends @YOUR Site
- YOUR competition is doing it. If not now, when? Go for it. YOU are so worth it!
- Benefits of owning your own site
- Downside of trusting only others to create your site
- Other software
- Website basics
- Navigation Bar, with Home, Contact, Newsletter, Legal and other relevant info
- Back to top button
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the ePrivacy Directive
- Landing Pages
- Organize Content
- Use keywords, tags, categories or whatever the software provides for organizations
- For example, WordPress has Categories and Tags
- Search feature: useful for your viewers
- SERPs Search Engine Result Pages (one reason Google loves WordPress)
- Colors, Text and Images determine the mood
- Legal usage of Clip Art and Stock Photos
- What do you want people to feel?
- What will encourage people to take action?
“Thanks for all the advice and support re my site design issues. Very useful and more than my designer discussed or suggested.” ~ Ashley Cherry
“I think it is great that you are going the online teaching and coaching route. Your talents and skills will helpful to many!” ~ Jennifer Posner Lehner, The Front Row
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!
Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired.
I actually sprayed that last flower with a spray bottle to get more interesting image like you did in one of the lessons in Photography for Branded Storytelling Images.” ~ Mark Heck, massage therapist
Free Coloring Book Pages – Special Limited Time Offer
Get some of my most beloved, iconic Punk Photos and fun floral images to color.
Plus get my Gotta-have Best Digital Tools List. Only when you Sign up for my erratic emails and newsletters.
You’ll get 5 of the 8 images below. Want all 8 and see how to color them? Take the Tarot or Oracle Cardmaking course.
Plus more bonus images and info in the “Watch. Create. Shine” Workshop Courses or Special Bundles.
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
Jenny Lens, Punk Pioneer, when Punk Was Fun
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazine
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976.
Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
“Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”
- Every lesson in each online workshop is listed and accessed separately, even for bundles
- Lifetime access for each online workshop
- Watch whatever you want, whenever you want
- Lessons last as long as you want or need to complete a particular project or goal
- No tests, no grades, no pressure
- No refunds
- See and learn how and why a REAL artist uses REAL tools and techniques to create compelling, memorable images which convey stories, add content and context to whatever story is being told
- I share mistakes, gotchas, and work-arounds
- You don’t have to be perfect to create art
- But knowing some art and marketing basics really make a difference!
- Feel good, have fun and go with the flow.
- Focused time
- Take notes digitally or pen, pencil, crayon and paper
- Need Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- Chrome using tablet, laptop and computer monitor are best viewing experiences
- Designed on and for larger monitors
- You can use Android and IOS, but not optimum choice due to small screen size
- My courses rely on heavy use of visuals
- This is about seeing and understanding how and why visuals make huge differences in our lives, creations, work and communities
- ALL text and images are the property of attributed copyright holder(s).
- DO NOT copy text or images or vids and use elsewhere.
- Do not sell, give away, share or in any way distribute any of this content without expressed written permission from Jenny Lens, MFA.
- Exceptions: public domain or credited to another source.
- Linking and short quotes WITH credit and link back here is required and appreciated.
- Thank you! Now go have fun!