What Camera? What Lens? What Dial?
Are You Wondering:
- What camera to buy?
- What lens(es) to buy and use?
- What dials and buttons are useful and easy to use?
- When to use this lens or those settings vs another lens or settings?
- How to learn without relying on confusing charts and numbers?
- Does all this matter (only if you want to fully use cool features in digital cameras to have fun and create your own style)
If yes, you are in the right place!
You’ll save time and money with this overview of essential Photography insights and tips.
Hi, I’m Jenny Lens, mfa, one of the world’s most published and exhibited punk rock photographers.
Create the images you envision starting now.
“Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!”
I actually sprayed that last flower with a spray bottle to get more interesting image like you did in one of the lessons in Photography for Branded Storytelling Images. ~ Mark Heck, massage therapist
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
This differs from Photography for Branded Storytelling Images because it’s faster, more focused on the nuts and bolts of photography. Branded course goes into Studio tabletop photography and is more detailed.
This is more about everyday usage. More of a quick start overview, but in-depth about lenses and dials.
Items photographed with clear discussion include detailing what lens, dial settings and why those used in the photos you’ll see: Flowers, Jewelry and other products, Food, Sports (at park and beach), Children Playing outdoors, some Live Music (which you can take in outside to learn lighting and dial settings) and more.
4.5 inspiring, fun hours to master basic lenses, dials, and settings!
Sharing tips I use all the time. Really made a huge difference and improvement in my photography!
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, fees were more than 10 times higher! Still are!
- Look at photos created specifically photographed just for YOU and your best learning experience
- No need to understand charts or math, unlike so many confusing courses, manuals, books, videos and blog posts
- Much better to see these images than look at charts or lots of text
- You’ll see one subject photographed with varying lenses and settings (usually flowers, which you can easily test with your gear, but could use food or other objects)
- You’ll clearly see how changing dial settings and/or lens radically changes what your photo looks like
- You’ll see how light affects the image, the lens and settings
- Tips on creating visually compelling images
- Phones vs Cameras
- Tips for photographing for varying social media sites and image proportions
- Wide Angle, Telephoto, Macro and Zoom lenses
- NO numbers, charts, diagrams to memorize!
After clicking Buy button, you will see these screens:
- Create a new account. Be sure your email and all info is correct.
- Click Sign Up, then Complete Your Purchase
- You don’t need a PayPal account.
You can pay with a Visa or MasterCard.
- You will get an email with Login info.
- After logging in, you will see one or more classes listed.
Choose the class you want to see.
- Class lessons and downloads are on left side.
Videos and text are on right side.
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazine
Sign Up now for my sometimes emails and newsletters.
You’ll Get 5 Free Black and White Coloring Book Pages! Special Limited Time!
Plus detailed info on my Fave Resources, compiled to save you time and money and headaches!
(Get more free coloring book pages, textures, fine art photos and detailed tutorials how to create these when you take certain workshops. But 5 Freebie Coloring Pages and Resources for signing up.)
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone.” ~ Mark Heck
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976.
Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.
Iggy Pop told me my photos were as good as his photographer. He asked me where I’d been. I said, “Earning art degrees.” He smiled and nodded. I learned from artists. Now you can learn from me! Start now and join the fun @ “Take Photos. Get Famous.” Get ready for when live shows resume.
Jenny Lens, Punk Pioneer, when Punk Was Fun
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
“Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”
About your teacher, Jenny Lens, mfa
- Watch. Create. Shine. by learning from the most published early west coast punk rock photographer. See and read about a few of my many classic rock photos: PunkPioneers.com.
- My photos are in the Met, Smithsonian, Grammy Museum, Rock Hall of Fame, tons of documentaries, major books and magazines, merch and more.
- So many teaching online have never even taken one art or design course.
- I earned BA in Art (CSUN), Master of Fine Art in Design (CalArts) and Cert in Computer Graphics (UCLA) [extensive 2 year course], ALL with Honors.
- Taught at computer apps, computer graphics and more at MAJOR schools: UCLA, Santa Monica College, other colleges/universities and many vocational schools.
- I study and USE what I share here! Learn from a pro, in everyday language.
- Want to learn more? Explore more of my online Workshop Courses designed for YOU.
Let me guide and inspire You. You can do it if you are Dreaming Big!
- Complete listing of all “Watch. Create Shine.” individual and bundle Online Workshops.
- Coaching: Online or Phone. I’ve been advising people for years on a wide variety of topics. Personal, custom Coaching works wonders!
- Write me with your Questions or Suggestions. I will gladly tell you if I think anything I offer will help you. Please be detailed for best response. Thanks.
- Newsletter Signup Sometimes I email special offers, free webinars and more.
- Bio (scattered around as well)
- See FAQs menu for Privacy, Terms of Service, Green Certification, Testimonials about my Teaching, Coaching, photography, web design and more info complied in FAQs menu section.
- Finally, ALL info is copyrighted and the intellectual property of Jenny Lens, MFA, unless otherwise noted. NO part can be claimed as your own, given away or resold. You may quote, but only with link back to DreamingBig.Rocks and Jenny Lens, mfa. Respecting and crediting the work of others and protecting your own work is vital.