What Camera? What Lens? What Dial?
Are You Wondering:
- What camera to buy?
- What lens(es) to buy and use?
- What dials and buttons are useful and easy to use?
- When to use this lens or those settings vs another lens or settings?
- How to learn without relying on confusing charts and numbers?
- Does all this matter (only if you want to fully use cool features in digital cameras to have fun and create your own style)
If yes, you are in the right place!
You’ll save time and money with this overview of essential Photography insights and tips.
Hi, I’m Jenny Lens, mfa, one of the world’s most published and exhibited punk rock photographers.
Create the images you envision starting now.
This differs from Photography for Branded Storytelling Images because it’s faster, more focused on the nuts and bolts of photography. Branded course goes into Studio tabletop photography and is more detailed.
This is more about everyday usage. More of a quick start overview, but in-depth about lenses and dials.
Items photographed with clear discussion include detailing what lens, dial settings and why those used in the photos you’ll see: Flowers, Jewelry and other products, Food, Sports (at park and beach), Children Playing outdoors, some Live Music (which you can take in outside to learn lighting and dial settings) and more.
4.5 inspiring, fun hours to master basic lenses, dials, and settings!
Sharing tips I use all the time. Really made a huge difference and improvement in my photography!
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!
Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired.
I actually sprayed that last flower with a spray bottle to get more interesting image like you did in one of the lessons in Photography for Branded Storytelling Images.” ~ Mark Heck, massage therapist
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, fees were more than 10 times higher! Still are!
- Look at photos created specifically photographed just for YOU and your best learning experience
- No need to understand charts or math, unlike so many confusing courses, manuals, books, videos and blog posts
- Much better to see these images than look at charts or lots of text
- You’ll see one subject photographed with varying lenses and settings (usually flowers, which you can easily test with your gear, but could use food or other objects)
- You’ll clearly see how changing dial settings and/or lens radically changes what your photo looks like
- You’ll see how light affects the image, the lens and settings
- Tips on creating visually compelling images
- Phones vs Cameras
- Tips for photographing for varying social media sites and image proportions
- Wide Angle, Telephoto, Macro and Zoom lenses
- NO numbers, charts, diagrams to memorize!
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazine
Free Coloring Book Pages – Special Limited Time Offer
Get some of my most beloved, iconic Punk Photos and fun floral images to color.
Plus get my Gotta-have Best Digital Tools List. Only when you Sign up for my erratic emails and newsletters.
Learn how to have fun using digital tools, effectively use color and more in “Watch. Create. Shine” Workshop Courses or Special Bundles.
Jenny Lens, Punk Pioneer, when Punk Was Fun
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976.
Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.