Wild World of Ecommerce: Sell Like a Pro!
- We’ll dive deeply into many different online stores, their design, market niche, products and how to determine what software used behind each store
- Then how to determine which ecommerce solution works best for your needs
- Huge focus on design, content, user interface, flow, colors, products, search engine tools and tips
- Not just store software, but what you can sell and how to market your products
- I’ll walk you step-by-step through creating a Product List to save many hours uploading product info and images, plus an invaluable backup and more.
- I cover some spreadsheet basics.
- I am a MS Certified Excel Specialist, which I taught for years.
- You’ll only learn the very basics to help you work more efficiently! (No math skills needed!)
- Called one of the Ten Most Influential Photographers
- Plus numerous degrees and real life teaching
- Told in friendly, warm, humorous manner
- Learn from THE Pro
- I’ve sold using:
- Yahoo Merchant
- Ecwid [“E-commerce Shopping Cart is Fast and Easy to Use! Set up an Online Store for …”]. I used with WordPress. Fast and Easy NOT!
- Shopify Full Store
- Shopify Lite
- WooCommerce with WordPress
- Plus software which either no longer exists or I abandoned and gladly forgotten
- Preparing for your Online Ecommerce store, marketing and success
Store Layouts, Content and Organization
- Links for Themes and Support
- Connect to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy and Apps
- Pricing and features: Full Stores vs Shopify Lite
- Shopify Image File Formats and Dimensions
- Creating a Branded Style
- We will explore this topic rather deeply because visuals are so vital for your branding, identity and storytelling
- Explore Backend to create a Store, upload Products, and more
- Choose and Customize a free Theme (layout)
- Add Products, Collections and more
- Build a Buy Button to put on WordPress, Squarespace or Wix
- Pros/Cons of Shopify
- Store Layouts, Content and Organization
- Links for Themes and Support
- Sell on Instagram and Pinterest
- Pros/Cons of Squarespace for Ecommerce
- Squarespace only allows a 24 hour access to digital downloads
- Shopify, WooCommerce with WordPress and other ecommerce platforms do not have that restriction
- NOT the best store software to use for digital downloads at this time
- All info is subject to change
- Explore various stores
- Dive deeply into backend of WooCommerce with WordPress
- Creating a new Product with text, prices and photos
- Cost and Tech issues of Extensions
- Sell on Instagram and Pinterest
- Sell Photography
- Pros/Cons of WooCommerce with WordPress
Clip Art, Stock Photos, Fonts and other Visual Assets:
- We explore a few major WooCommerce stores selling Clip Art, Stock Photos and Fonts (and more)
- Be inspired with tips from an international watercolor artist creating best-selling clip art packages (I own many of her clip art packages and have watched her business grow)
- Additional sources of Clip Art, Stock Photos, and Fonts: either low cost or free
What’s more fun than kitties, butterflies and flowers? Not your thing? Watch “Wild World of Ecommerce“ to see a wide variety of visuals. Then you will understand why I added these totes adorbs kitties. Which I normally would have a hard time integrating into my Punk Pioneers site and store! You’ll see I cover something for everyone.
We look closely at fulfillment providers and stores used by major artists, scrapbookers, hobbyists, graphic artists and others
- Explore various products, options, layouts and more
- Examine options, base costs and profit margins
- Discuss using with Shopify, Squarespace, Woo, Wix and others or using POD provided stores
- Pros/Cons of POD Vendors and Stores
- Digital Downloads and Printables can be highly profitable
- How digital items can build your mailing list, sales funnel and market
- Clip Art and Stock Photos and other items
Pros/Cons using the Etsy, eBay and Amazon:
- I spend the least amount of time on the big three: they are easier to use, have their own fees and costs.
- They require as much marketing as any other platform
- Less suited for a many products than your own store
- All depends what you are selling
- Benefits of a Product List (CSV)
- A Product List will save you hours of hard work!
- I show how to download a Shopify sample CSV file
- Very detailed explanation of sample file (with product variations based on stores I’ve built)
- Focus on building Shopify CSV: product info and image links
- Also how to easily add images in WooCommerce CSV (which varies from Shopify steps)
- Become comfortable with basic benefits and features of a Product Spreadsheet or Table
- Protecting Yourself
- Illegal usage of files found online or scanned can cost you thousands
- Legal limitations using or selling anything you did not create
- Where to find legal content and assets
- Protect your work: Pixsy, Watermarking, DMCA
- Your rights and limitations as a Content Creator
- Overview of Fine Art, Editorial vs Merch/Commercial usage of images
- When and where to seek legal help
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, cost was over 10 times higher! Still is!
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!I actually sprayed that last flower with a spray bottle to get more interesting image like you did in one of the lessons in “Photography for Branded Storytelling Images.” ~ Mark Heck, massage therapist
Hi Jenny!!! I love the course!!! I’m half way thru….so good. So thorough and comprehensive.
Btw, you have a wonderful speaking/teaching voice. I would have loved having you as a teacher in college!
Learning so many tips and being so inspired with Discussion of Tarot Resources!! (How to Create Tarot or Oracle Cards using Clip Art and Photos) ~ Tricia Minette, paralegal (and Rolf).
- Every lesson in each online workshop is listed and accessed separately, even for bundles
- Lifetime access for each online workshop
- Watch whatever you want, whenever you want
- Lessons last as long as you want or need to complete a particular project or goal
- No tests, no grades, no pressure
- See and learn how and why a REAL artist uses REAL tools and techniques to create compelling, memorable images which convey stories, add content and context to whatever story is being told
- I share mistakes, gotchas, and work-arounds
- You don’t have to be perfect to create art
- But learning, using and enjoying art and marketing basics really make a difference!
- Feel good, have fun and go with the flow.
- Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- Chrome using tablet, laptop and computer monitor are best viewing experiences
- (Safari is problematic. I love Macs. But Chrome browser is so much more powerful and easier to use.)
- Designed on and for larger monitors
- You can use Android and IOS. Not optimum choice for most of the courses due to small screen size
- This is about seeing and understanding how and why visuals make huge differences in our lives, creations, work and communities
- Best learning habit, optional, but THE best tip I can ever give anyone: Taking notes digitally or with pen, pencil, paper
- ALL text and images are the property of attributed copyright holder(s).
- DO NOT copy text or images or vids and use elsewhere.
- Do not sell, give away, share or in any way distribute any of this content without expressed written permission from Jenny Lens, MFA.
- Exceptions: public domain or credited to another source.
- Please link to DreamingBig.Rocks and please mention my name. (Thank you!)
- Learn from someone in the trenches!
- No refunds
- Thank you! Now go have fun!
Free Coloring Book Pages – Special Limited Time Offer
Get some of my most beloved, iconic Punk Photos and fun floral images to color.
Plus get my Gotta-have Best Digital Tools List. Only when you Sign up for my erratic emails and newsletters.
You’ll get 5 of the 8 images below. Want all 8 and see how to color them? Take the Tarot or Oracle Cardmaking course.
Plus more bonus images and info in the “Watch. Create. Shine” Workshop Courses or Special Bundles.
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
Patti Smith called me “the girl with the camera eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976.
Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.
Iggy Pop told me my photos were as good as his photographer. He asked me where I’d been. I said, “Earning art degrees.” He smiled and nodded. I learned from artists. Now you can learn from me! Start now and join the fun @ “Take Photos. Get Famous.“
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazine
Jenny Lens, Punk Pioneer, when Punk Was Fun
Artistic Alchemist, Creative Instigator, Transformation Teacher, Punk Photographer and all that jazz
My mission is to remove fear and doubt, be inspiring and share the magic of art and tech.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
“Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”