Wild World of Ecommerce: Sell Like a Pro!
After clicking Buy button, you will see these screens:
- Create a new account. Be sure your email and all info is correct.
- Click Sign Up, then Complete Your Purchase
- You don’t need a PayPal account.
You can pay with a Visa or MasterCard.
- You will get an email with Login info.
- After logging in, you will see one or more classes listed.
Choose the class you want to see.
- Class lessons and downloads are on left side.
Videos and text are on right side.
Want More Info?
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, fee were over 10 times higher! Still are!We’ll discuss fundamental, essential yet often overlooked topics
- We’ll dive deeply into many different online stores, their design, market niche, products and how to determine what software used behind each store
- Then how to determine which ecommerce solution works best for your needs
- Huge focus on design, content, user interface, flow, colors, products, search engine tools and tips
- Not just store software, but what you can sell and how to market your products
- I’ll walk you step-by-step through creating a Product List to save many hours uploading product info and images, plus an invaluable backup and more.
- I cover some spreadsheet basics.
- I am a MS Certified Excel Specialist, which I taught for years.
- You’ll only learn the very basics to help you work more efficiently! (No math skills needed!)
- Called one of the Ten Most Influential Photographers
- Plus numerous degrees and real life teaching
- Told in friendly, warm, humorous manner
- Learn from THE pro!
1 Introduction and Overview
- Preparing for your Online Ecommerce store, marketing and success
2 Shopify Benefits and Tips
- Store Layouts, Content and Organization
- Links for Themes and Support
- Connect to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy and Apps
- Pricing and features: Full Stores vs Shopify Lite
3 Visual Branding
- Shopify Image File Formats and Dimensions
- Creating a Branded Style
- We will explore this topic rather deeply because visuals are so vital for your branding, identity and storytelling
4 Let’s Build a Shopify Store
- Explore Backend to create a Store, upload Products, and more
- Choose and Customize a free Theme (layout)
- Add Products, Collections and more
- Build a Buy Button to put on WordPress, Squarespace or Wix
- Pros/Cons of Shopify
5 Squarespace Ecommerce
- Store Layouts, Content and Organization
- Links for Themes and Support
- Sell on Instagram and Pinterest
- Pros/Cons of Squarespace for Ecommerce
- Squarespace only allows a 24 hour access to digital downloads
- Shopify, WooCommerce with WordPress and other ecommerce platforms do not have that restriction
- NOT the best store software to use for digital downloads at this time
- All info is subject to change
6 WooCommerce with WordPress
- Explore various stores
- Dive deeply into backend of WooCommerce with WordPress
- Creating a new Product with text, prices and photos
- Cost and Tech issues of Extensions
- Sell on Instagram and Pinterest
- Sell Photography
- Pros/Cons of WooCommerce with WordPress
- We explore a few major WooCommerce stores selling Clip Art, Stock Photos and Fonts (and more)
- Be inspired with tips from an international watercolor artist creating best-selling clip art packages (I own many of her clip art packages and have watched her business grow)
- Additional sources of Clip Art, Stock Photos, and Fonts: either low cost or free
7 POD Print on Demand Vendors and Stores
- We look closely at fulfillment providers and stores used by major artists, scrapbookers, hobbyists, graphic artists and others
- Explore various products, options, layouts and more
- Examine options, base costs and profit margins
- Discuss using with Shopify, Squarespace, Woo, Wix and others or using POD provided stores
- Pros/Cons of POD Vendors and Stores
8 Selling Digital Downloads and Printables, plus Etsy, Ebay, Amazon
- Digital Downloads and Printables can be highly profitable
- How digital items can build your mailing list, sales funnel and market
- Clip Art and Stock Photos and other items
Pros/Cons using the Etsy, eBay and Amazon:
- I spend the least amount of time on the big three: they are easier to use, have their own fees and costs.
- They require as much marketing as any other platform
- Less suited for a many products than your own store
- All depends what you are selling
9 Selling Photos, Partnered Labs and Products
- Anyone who takes photos with phone or a camera can benefit from selling a variety of items
- **NEW INFO: check out Showit, used by many lifestyle photographers.
- Read my post, based on Huffpo article highlighting Lightroom usage.
- Not limited to serious photographers anymore!
10 Product List using Shopify CSV Files and Help
- Benefits of a Product List (CSV)
- A Product List will save you hours of hard work!
- I show how to download a Shopify sample CSV file
- Very detailed explanation of sample file (with product variations based on stores I’ve built)
- Focus on building Shopify CSV: product info and image links
- Also how to easily add images in WooCommerce CSV (which varies from Shopify steps)
- Become comfortable with basic benefits and features of a Product Spreadsheet or Table
11 Legal Use of Content: Text, Music, Video and Images and Summary
- Protecting Yourself
- Illegal usage of files found online or scanned can cost you thousands
- Legal limitations using or selling anything you did not create
- Where to find legal content and assets
- Protect your work: Pixsy, Watermarking, DMCA
- Your rights and limitations as a Content Creator
- Overview of Fine Art, Editorial vs Merch/Commercial usage of images
- When and where to seek legal help
Go Conquer the Wild World of Ecommerce! Here’s to YOUR Online Selling Success!
My Experience and Why I’m Teaching what I Teach:
I am constantly asked a wide range of questions, plus for years, I so many searching for answers which formal education and school of hard knocks taught me. I teach what few teach, based on real world experience, education and expertise. Not just my experiences, but that of many others.
We cannot know it all! I love gathering and sharing valuable info.
I’ve been selling and licensing my infamous, iconic punk photos for many decades. Ok, first published in 1976. Sadly rarely paid back in the wild early days of punk rock. But “girls just wanna have fun.” I didn’t take this seriously. Had NO idea just how famous my photos and name would become.
That’s why I say to keep “Dreaming Big!” You can sell items for the fun, for non-profit, some extra money or pay off your mortgage. It all depends upon your attitude and how you use what you’ll learn in this online Ecommerce Workshop.
I started selling photos online in 2004. I used many platforms:
- Yahoo Merchant
- Ecwid [“E-commerce Shopping Cart is Fast and Easy to Use! Set up an Online Store for …”]. I used with WordPress. Fast and Easy NOT!
- Shopify Full Store
- Shopify Lite
- WooCommerce with WordPress
- Plus software which either no longer exists or I abandoned and gladly forgot
- I use WooCommerce with WordPress for my needs. Not an ideal situation, which I discuss. By sharing real world experiences, YOU will be able to make wiser decisions about what you sell, how you sell it, marketing and more. That’s why I’m teaching this!
Teaching History (very brief overview):
- I taught at UCLA, Santa Monica College, and tons of other schools and computer training centers for years
- Lifetime Adult Education Certificate from State of California
- Earned many degrees and certificates in art, law, and digital tech
Learning and Teaching is in my DNA. Plus making stuff. I love creating and sharing! Just for YOU!
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time.
Wow, don’t YOU WANT to get insider secrets from someone who gets THAT kind of press and recognition?
“Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels.”
“Jenny’s online photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insights from one of the real talents. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone.” ~ Mark Heck
Hi Jenny!!! Yes I love the course!!! I’m half way thru….so good. So thorough and comprehensive. [Visual Branding Design].
Btw, you have a wonderful speaking/teaching voice. I would have loved having you as a teacher in college!
I just started the section: Discussion of Tarot Resources!! You are a bright light and loved …I’m glad you have your art and creativity as your outlet. ~ Tricia M. [How to Create Tarot or Oracle Cards Using Clip Art, Photos and Apps]
Tricia purchased a variety of my Punk photos for herself and holiday gifts for a few years. I casually mentioned my courses.
She keeps enrolling in them. She now has time to explore, discover her creativity, and find some peace in these turbulent times.
She bought another Tarot course as a gift for a family member. Sweet!
We stay in touch on Facebook. I love hearing how people are growing, learning and enjoying themselves.
“Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!” ~ Mark Heck
Patti Smith called me “The Girl with the Camera Eye.” Shouted from LA’s Roxy stage, pointing to me, Nov 15, 1976. Patti told me “She still dares other photographers to take better photos than I.” The Roxy, August 2002.
“Please investigate Punk Pioneers by photographer Jenny Lens, who captured the scene so perfectly.” Henry Rollins, LA Weekly
“The infamous Jenny Lens, supreme master of the punk rock photo.” ~ San Francisco Bay Guardian [And straight up rock too!]
“The was a time when Punk Rock was dangerous, man — in a cerebral way. And Jenny Lens was there to record it all.” ~ Garage Magazine
- Complete listing of all “Watch. Create Shine.” individual and bundle Online Workshops.
- Coaching: Online or Phone. I’ve been advising people for years on a wide variety of topics. Personal, custom Coaching works wonders!
- Write me with your Questions or Suggestions. I will gladly tell you if I think anything I offer will help you. Please be detailed for best response. Thanks.
- Newsletter Signup Sometimes I email special offers, free webinars and more.
- Bio (scattered around as well)
- See FAQs menu for Privacy, Terms of Service, Green Certification, Testimonials about my Teaching, Coaching, photography, web design and more info complied in FAQs menu section.
- Finally, ALL info is copyrighted and the intellectual property of Jenny Lens, MFA, unless otherwise noted. NO part can be claimed as your own, given away or resold. You may quote, but only with link back to DreamingBig.Rocks and Jenny Lens, mfa. Respecting and crediting the work of others and protecting your own work is vital.