Create Marketable, Branded Images using Photoshop
Photoshop is THE premier photo, clip art, illustration creator and editor (plus more). I began using version 1, in 1990. Primitive by today’s standard, today is is still the leader of the pack. Photoshop enables one to manifest all kinds of visions.
Yes, there’s easier, faster apps like Canva, Stencil and more. Those are great cloud based programs, for efficient, simple, fast graphics.
IF you want to create more fine art images, like those you see on this page, you have to use Photoshop.
You can get Adobe’s Photography Plan package for a few dollars a month. Get both Lightroom and Photoshop: the most ideal software for anyone dealing with images. You can create simple images, or collages, add textures, play with type, even animate.
So let’s take a look and see if this turns you on as much as it does hundreds of thousands of other creatives.
IF you decide you don’t want to use Photoshop, you WILL gain vital info you can use in other programs. Color theory is color theory, and certain terms and techniques are useful in most any graphics and/or photo software.
Photoshop’s color tools are powerful. Their Color Picker looks confusing, but very easy to use. Learn more about color from a trained artist. How to confidently and joyfully use and play with colors for better results. Online color tools are limited when working with your images and/or clip art. Plus using Hue/Saturation. What does that mean? You’ll see!
Real color, not whatever people read here and there from marketing or other folks. Ya wanna know how artists use color? Ask a trained artist. Not too techy, but many helpful tips.
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, fees were more than 10-20 times higher! Still are. No driving, no parking, online for your convenience.
Actions: learn how to create a shortcut on-screen actions list to save time and energy. Saving, exporting, rotating and more tasks can easily be automated. Overview of brushes beyond typical paintbrushes. Plus saving as JPG vs PNG, pros and cons of each. Using correct file formats matters. (Most are incorrectly using PNGs when JPGs are more efficient. Listen, watch, see it for yourself).
Creative color, including grayscale images, relies on understanding Values. All images have underlying white/highlights, midtones, and black/shadows aka values. See how easily you can improve or change images using Levels. This is a vital concept and tool to use. I make it easy to understand and use.
The BIGGEST issues I see online are confusing color and fugly sites. We simply are not taught art in school! Or so long ago or infrequently, or pay heed to some strange online info. If you find a color wheel with green next to red, danger, Will Robinson! Top of Google search for me. Ah, no, red and green are opposite the color wheel. This makes a difference!
Want to create a visual impact? It often starts and ends with color. Being able to use Photoshop’s color tools is fun, empowering and productive.
Looking to online color palettes are decent places to start. But rather useless when choosing and using colors using photos and clip art. Learn from a real, trained, exhibited and published artist!
More Hue/Saturation for creative work. Plus introduction to making Selections.
Watch as I take a brownish, huge scan of my beloved “Screamers on the Bus Bench” photo and prep it for collectors, museums, galleries and publishing (books, mags, docs, etc).
Levels, Transform/Resizing, using Rulers, and more for this easy, fast process after you know previous individual tools and techniques.
Quickly add textures, combine photos and/or clip art, with Image Brushes and Photoshop’s Layers and Blending Modes. Previous lessons enable you to quickly turn photos and clip art into memorable art. Helps develop YOUR style and branding identity. Fun and fast!
I first edited my photo of Wisteria in Lightroom. So glad I photographed it, because they soon ripped it out. Great to photograph, if you don’t mind getting really close to bees buzzing next to your ears!
Explore Layer FX, drop shadows, bevels, embossing and more. Combine two pieces of licensed clip art to quickly create a memorable image.
Fine tune your photography or other images. This lesson focuses on products. Use Saturation tool, not the menu as earlier. Dodge (lighten) and Burn (darken) areas in Highlights, Midtones and Shadow areas. Learn to quickly Pump Up colors to make your products or images look rich and enticing.
Easily take color image and turn it into a sepia-toned vintage looking image. Add vintage frame and resize it.
I created a technique to resize the frame which involves a bit of easy retouching and other techniques introduced earlier. Often frames don’t work with an image. The shapes or proportions are off. Easily turn something new into something old using tools and menu items learned in earlier lessons.
The MOST important class of all! Learn WHY and how to watermark your images.
Believe it or not, many images are stolen. You could lose money and the image possibly falling into public domain. I’ve never lost a sale because I watermark my photos! Those who complain are not interested in paying you nor respecting YOUR legal rights.
Come along or go alone. Your journey is easier with MY tips: tech, art, color, design, while effectively and effortlessly using Photoshop.
Create Marketable, Branded Images in Photoshop (6 hours)
- Photoshop1: Intro and Tools (39 minutes)
- Photoshop2: Interface, Prefs, Menu (20 minutes)
- Photoshop3: Color, Hue and Saturation (17 minutes)
- Photoshop4: Actions, Brushes, Saving (19 minutes)
- Photoshop5: Levels, Creative Color Manipulation (38 minutes)
- Photoshop6: Saturation, Hues-Selections (28 minutes)
- Photoshop7: Tees, Collages, Rulers, Text (20 minutes)
- Photoshop8: Print Prep (29 minutes)
- Photoshop9: Textures, Layering, Clip Art, Brushes (16 minutes)
- Photoshop10: Composite, Clip Art, Type, Layer Effects (15 minutes)
- Photoshop11: Type, Textures, Retouching, Layers (15 minutes)
- Photoshop12: Layers-Text-Images-Textures-Color-TanBluOrangeText (23 minutes)
- Photoshop13-Saturate-Dodge-Burn-Retouch-Products (31 minutes)
- Photoshop14-Vintage-Images-Frames (18 minutes)
- Photoshop15: Watermarks: Why and How (28 minutes)
- Photoshop is a fun, powerful. popular professional program.
- Alternatives like Canva and Elements are fine for what they do.
- But nothing comes close to Photoshop.
- Even if you are a dedicated Canva or [Photoshop] Elements user, you can pick up lots of cool info which will help you in Canva or other programs.
- Save hundreds of frustrating hours to figure this out. I’ve spent years learning efficient use of Photoshop. (I started with the very first version, 1990! Taught it at colleges, computer training centers and major computer conferences to top animators.)
- Watch me work, as I explain what I’m doing and why.
- Plus art concepts and color theory which turn your images from eh to WOW!
- Learn how best to create effective compelling, memorable storytelling images from a real working artist who knows something about these topics!
- Plus tech.
- First 3 lessons focus on most used tools and color. Real Color Theory. Whatta concept!
- How many Photoshop or Web Design classes ever teach Color?
- Any idea how few web designers and online marketing teachers and bloggers know anything about color? Or design?
- People think I naturally can do all this. Nope.
- I work hard at this. Partially cos I love making art.
- Equally, cos I wanna teach others the Joy of Art and Tech!
- Love sharing what I know so you don’t struggle like I.
- When I taught at colleges and computer training centers, I had to teach a little of everything, accomplishing little.
- Instead, we focus on actual projects for your needs.
- Empowering. Fun. Productive.
- Complete listing of all “Watch. Create Shine.” individual and bundle Online Workshops.
- Coaching: Online or Phone. I’ve been advising people for years on a wide variety of topics. Personal, custom Coaching works wonders!
- Write me with your Questions or Suggestions. I will gladly tell you if I think anything I offer will help you. Please be detailed for best response. Thanks.
- Newsletter Signup Sometimes I email special offers, free webinars and more.
- Bio (scattered around as well)
- See FAQs menu for Privacy, Terms of Service, Green Certification, Testimonials about my Teaching, Coaching, photography, web design and more info complied in FAQs menu section.
- Finally, ALL info is copyrighted and the intellectual property of Jenny Lens, MFA, unless otherwise noted. NO part can be claimed as your own, given away or resold. You may quote, but only with link back to DreamingBig.Rocks and Jenny Lens, mfa. Respecting and crediting the work of others and protecting your own work is vital.