Wild World of Ecommerce: Sell Like a Pro!
Want to Learn How to Successfully Sell Online while Being Online?
You Can Sell Most Anything Online by Learning Online:
- Services such as consultant, trainer, teacher, healer, creatives and more
- Products, including those created from Licensed Images
- Only limited by your imagination
- We’ll cover a WIDE range of options
- Don’t believe marketing hype, which over-promise and under deliver, in many cases
- I share tips, tricks and hacks, learned from selling online since 2004 and licensing my images for years
- You’ll be armed with tons of info to be determine the best app and software platform for your needs, detailed preparation, marketing and more for your customized Online Selling Success
You’ll gain valuable inspiring actionable steps and ideas to manifest your goals. Which leads to less frustration, more free time and sales.
Tech can drive you crazy – but don’t give up! You have something of value to offer.
When I taught at UCLA and Santa Monica College, fee were over 10 times higher! Still are!
11 Video Topics and Sections (although long at nearly 12 hours, will save you many hours of frustration and confusion):
- 1 Introduction and Overview to the Wild World of Ecommerce (30 minutes)
- 2 Shopify Benefits and Tips (64 minutes)
- 3 Visual Branding (32 minutes)
- 4 Let’s Build a Shopify Store plus Buy Buttons using Shopify Lite (75 minutes)
- 5 Squarespace Ecommerce (50 minutes)
- 6 WooCommerce with WordPress + Clip Art Resources (85 minutes)
- 7 POD Print on Demand Vendors and Stores (55 minutes)
- 8 Selling Digital Downloads and Printables, plus Etsy, Ebay, Amazon (78 minutes)
- 9 Selling Photos, Partnered Labs and Products (68 minutes)
- 10 Product List using Shopify CSV Files and Help (85 minutes)
- 11 Legal Use of Content: Text, Music, Video and Images and Summary (75 minutes)
We’ll discuss fundamental, essential yet often overlooked topics
- We’ll dive deeply into many different online stores, their design, market niche, products and how to determine what software used behind each store
- Then how to determine which ecommerce solution works best for your needs
- Huge focus on design, content, user interface, flow, colors, products, search engine tools and tips
- Not just store software, but what you can sell and how to market your products
- I’ll walk you step-by-step through creating a Product List to save many hours uploading product info and images, plus an invaluable backup and more.
- I cover some spreadsheet basics.
- I am a MS Certified Excel Specialist, which I taught for years.
- You’ll only learn the very basics to help you work more efficiently! (No math skills needed!)
Learn from a legendary photographer, artist teach using varied online ecommerce apps since 2004!
- Called one of the Ten Most Influential Photographers
- Plus numerous degrees and real life teaching
- Told in friendly, warm, humorous manner
- Learn from THE pro!
1 Introduction and Overview
- Preparing for your Online Ecommerce store, marketing and success
2 Shopify Benefits and Tips
- Store Layouts, Content and Organization
- Links for Themes and Support
- Connect to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy and Apps
- Pricing and features: Full Stores vs Shopify Lite
3 Visual Branding
- Shopify Image File Formats and Dimensions
- Creating a Branded Style
- We will explore this topic rather deeply because visuals are so vital for your branding, identity and storytelling
4 Let’s Build a Shopify Store
- Explore Backend to create a Store, upload Products, and more
- Choose and Customize a free Theme (layout)
- Add Products, Collections and more
- Build a Buy Button to put on WordPress, Squarespace or Wix
- Pros/Cons of Shopify
5 Squarespace Ecommerce
- Store Layouts, Content and Organization
- Links for Themes and Support
- Sell on Instagram and Pinterest
- Pros/Cons of Squarespace for Ecommerce
- Squarespace only allows a 24 hour access to digital downloads
- Shopify, WooCommerce with WordPress and other ecommerce platforms do not have that restriction
- NOT the best store software to use for digital downloads at this time
- All info is subject to change
6 WooCommerce with WordPress
- Explore various stores
- Dive deeply into backend of WooCommerce with WordPress
- Creating a new Product with text, prices and photos
- Cost and Tech issues of Extensions
- Sell on Instagram and Pinterest
- Sell Photography
- Pros/Cons of WooCommerce with WordPress
Clip Art, Stock Photos, Fonts and other Visual Assets:
- We explore a few major WooCommerce stores selling Clip Art, Stock Photos and Fonts (and more)
- Be inspired with tips from an international watercolor artist creating best-selling clip art packages (I own many of her clip art packages and have watched her business grow)
- Additional sources of Clip Art, Stock Photos, and Fonts: either low cost or free
What’s more fun than kitties, butterflies and flowers? Not your thing? Watch “Wild World of Ecommerce“ to see a wide variety of visuals. Then you will understand why I added these totes adorbs kitties. Which I normally would have a hard time integrating into my Punk Pioneers site and store! You’ll see I cover something for everyone.
7 POD Print on Demand Vendors and Stores
- We look closely at fulfillment providers and stores used by major artists, scrapbookers, hobbyists, graphic artists and others
- Explore various products, options, layouts and more
- Examine options, base costs and profit margins
- Discuss using with Shopify, Squarespace, Woo, Wix and others or using POD provided stores
- Pros/Cons of POD Vendors and Stores
8 Selling Digital Downloads and Printables, plus Etsy, Ebay, Amazon
- Digital Downloads and Printables can be highly profitable
- How digital items can build your mailing list, sales funnel and market
- Clip Art and Stock Photos and other items
Pros/Cons using the Etsy, eBay and Amazon:
- I spend the least amount of time on the big three: they are easier to use, have their own fees and costs.
- They require as much marketing as any other platform
- Less suited for a many products than your own store
- All depends what you are selling
9 Selling Photos, Partnered Labs and Products
- Anyone who takes photos with phone or a camera can benefit from selling a variety of items
- **NEW INFO: check out Showit, used by many lifestyle photographers.
- Read my post, based on Huffpo article highlighting Lightroom usage.
- Not limited to serious photographers anymore!
10 Product List using Shopify CSV Files and Help
- Benefits of a Product List (CSV)
- A Product List will save you hours of hard work!
- I show how to download a Shopify sample CSV file
- Very detailed explanation of sample file (with product variations based on stores I’ve built)
- Focus on building Shopify CSV: product info and image links
- Also how to easily add images in WooCommerce CSV (which varies from Shopify steps)
- Become comfortable with basic benefits and features of a Product Spreadsheet or Table
11 Legal Use of Content: Text, Music, Video and Images and Summary
- Protecting Yourself
- Illegal usage of files found online or scanned can cost you thousands
- Legal limitations using or selling anything you did not create
- Where to find legal content and assets
- Protect your work: Pixsy, Watermarking, DMCA
- Your rights and limitations as a Content Creator
- Overview of Fine Art, Editorial vs Merch/Commercial usage of images
- When and where to seek legal help
Go Conquer the Wild World of Ecommerce!
Here’s to YOUR Online Selling Success!
- Congrats making it this far!
- Now you are armed with more knowledge than most
- DIY or outsourcing: now make wiser decisions
Manifest Your Big Dreams at DreamingBig.Rocks
- Now take more workshops at DreamingBig.Rocks to help you stand out from the crowd
- It’s all about Visual Branding and Storytelling
- Plus dealing with ongoing Tech issues
- You can do it with my guidance. And
If you are Dreaming Big, You Rock, cos Dreaming Big Rocks!
- Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Shopify and WooCommerce with WordPress
- LibreOffice Impress (Free, buggy. No worse than MS PowerPoint. Lots of groaning. Kept at it just for you!)
- Scrivener and TextEdit
Keep Dreaming Big cos Dreaming Big Rocks! Be the Online Seller Rockstar of YOUR Dreams! (my mantra)
I wanted to create simple, short demos. I’ve been asked so many questions, for many years, about selling in real life and online.
I had to share hard-won real world experiences to answer real questions that most marketing hype you always see avoid or make hard to find.
I walk the walk, “in the trenches,” unlike most trainers and teachers. Plus I share real world experiences from other sellers in a wide variety of products and services.
So this turned into an online Workshop at least double the length of my other online Workshops. Blame the many variables and scenarios.
The time you invest here will save you many dollars! Save you many more hours, either wasting time in the wrong app or listening to marketing pros who haven’t built a site or not selling what you are teaching. Lots of variables.
You CAN get up and running in minutes. Or weeks. I provide something for everyone!
I’ve been selling online for over 15 years. Plus real world for many more years. Internationally to a wide variety of customers and business situations.
My Experience and Why I’m Teaching what I Teach:
I am constantly asked a wide range of questions, plus for years, I so many searching for answers which formal education and school of hard knocks taught me. I teach what few teach, based on real world experience, education and expertise. Not just my experiences, but that of many others.
We cannot know it all! I love gathering and sharing valuable info.
I’ve been selling and licensing my infamous, iconic punk photos for many decades. Ok, first published in 1976. Sadly rarely paid back in the wild early days of punk rock. But “girls just wanna have fun.” I didn’t take this seriously. Had NO idea just how famous my photos and name would become.
That’s why I say to keep “Dreaming Big!” You can sell items for the fun, for non-profit, some extra money or pay off your mortgage. It all depends upon your attitude and how you use what you’ll learn in this online Ecommerce Workshop.
I started selling photos online in 2004. I used many platforms:
- Yahoo Merchant
- Ecwid [“E-commerce Shopping Cart is Fast and Easy to Use! Set up an Online Store for …”]. I used with WordPress. Fast and Easy NOT!
- Shopify Full Store
- Shopify Lite
- WooCommerce with WordPress
- Plus software which either no longer exists or I abandoned and gladly forgot
- I use WooCommerce with WordPress for my needs. Not an ideal situation, which I discuss. By sharing real world experiences, YOU will be able to make wiser decisions about what you sell, how you sell it, marketing and more. That’s why I’m teaching this!
Teaching History (very brief overview):
- I taught at UCLA, Santa Monica College, and tons of other schools and computer training centers for years
- Lifetime Adult Education Certificate from State of California
- Earned many degrees and certificates in art, law, and digital tech
Learning and Teaching is in my DNA. Plus making stuff. I love creating and sharing! Just for YOU!
- Complete listing of all “Watch. Create Shine.” individual and bundle Online Workshops.
- Coaching: Online or Phone. I’ve been advising people for years on a wide variety of topics. Personal, custom Coaching works wonders!
- Write me with your Questions or Suggestions. I will gladly tell you if I think anything I offer will help you. Please be detailed for best response. Thanks.
- Newsletter Signup Sometimes I email special offers, free webinars and more.
- Bio (scattered around as well)
- See FAQs menu for Privacy, Terms of Service, Green Certification, Testimonials about my Teaching, Coaching, photography, web design and more info complied in FAQs menu section.
- Finally, ALL info is copyrighted and the intellectual property of Jenny Lens, MFA, unless otherwise noted. NO part can be claimed as your own, given away or resold. You may quote, but only with link back to DreamingBig.Rocks and Jenny Lens, mfa. Respecting and crediting the work of others and protecting your own work is vital.